Save on Your Electric Bill with a Programmable Thermostat
Due to its efficiency and accuracy, it’s a good idea to use digital thermostats to control your air conditioning. Digital thermostats allow you to set temperatures for certain times of the day, meaning you can keep the temperature in your home ideal even when you’re not there.
Benefits of a Programmable Thermostat:
- Save Energy and Money
- Precision Control of Temperature
- Control Temperature When Away
- More Control Over HVAC System
Jackson Heating & Air Conditioning technicians are certified and trained to perform thermostat installations in any situation, and we recommend making a switch to a programmable thermostat. Typically, users receive a return on their investment within the first year of using a programmable thermostat thanks to the additional level of control they provide. By programming the thermostat to adjust the temperature in peak and out-of-home hours, you’ll not only save on energy costs, but also prevent adding unnecessary mileage to your air conditioner.
For example, many users program thermostats to keep the home cooler while they’re at home and awake. When residents are at work, the thermostat can be adjusted a few degrees to prevent the air conditioner from working as hard when the home is empty. Over time, the savings from this simple adjustment adds up. In fact, if you’ve noticed that your HVAC system is running inefficiently or ineffectively, you might try having a digital thermostat installed. If you wind up needing to replace the HVAC unit, you can use the new thermostat with your new HVAC unit.
If you haven’t already, give us a call to learn more about the advantages of investing in a digital thermostat!
Get the Most Out of Your Programmable Thermostat!
Maximize the use of your programmable thermostat with these tips:
- Control Timing: Start generally and work your way to more specific schedules and temperatures. Begin by setting the thermostat to an energy efficient schedule while you’re out of the home or at work.
- Adjust as Needed: Observe your comfort level and adjust the energy-efficient setting temperature and hours of operation.
- Utilize Zone Control: If your home HVAC unit provides zoned heating and cooling, get a separate thermometer for each zone to maximize energy savings.
- Keep the Batteries Fresh: Programmable thermostats require very little maintenance, but it’s a good idea to change the batteries regularly.
The great thing about the savings you can obtain from programmable thermostats is that you don’t have sacrifice comfort in your home. By setting a programmable thermostat to adjust the temperature when you’re sleeping or away from home you’ll avoid wasted energy and save some money, too. If you’re interested in using your HVAC system more effectively with a programmable thermostat, call Jackson Heating & Air Conditioning today for more information.
When you need expert air conditioning service and repair, call the professionals at 731-424-5349! Our phones are answered 24/7!